Status & Benefits
Qualifying Miles that you earn with THAI and Star Alliance airlines determine your Royal Orchid Plus membership status. Each membership level, Member, Silver, or Gold has unique benefits when travelling with THAI and Star Alliance airlines.
Qualifying Miles (Q Miles) are the actual miles flown* and additional class of service miles on THAI and Star Alliance airlines.
*Subject to paid fare or route exclusive with some Star Alliance airlines.
Miles earned with other partners, or with promotional offers are not Qualifying Miles.
Attaining Each Status
After enrolment, Silver and Gold status can be attained with accumulation of Qualifying Miles within 3 evaluation periods. This method of evaluation allows members to enjoy the benefits of Silver or Gold status immediately after accumulating sufficient Qualifying Miles. Both Silver and Gold status are then valid for a full 2 years.
Entry Level Status & Benefits
Upon enrolment, this entry-level status enables Members to accrue and redeem miles. Members also receive regular communications from Royal Orchid Plus.
Silver: Status & Benefits
Attaining Silver Status:
This 2nd tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles, the miles earned with THAI and Star Alliance airlines, during 2 rolling month periods, 10,000 Qualifying miles during a 12 month period, or 15,000 Qualifying miles during a 24 month period. This is a system automated process whereby on the most recent activity all eligible flights are evaluated for the past 12 and 24 month periods. With each new activity, status is again evaluated during the past 12 and 24 months, ensuring that all eligible flights are counted for attaining Silver status.
Retaining Silver Status:
Evaluations for retaining Silver status are on a personal calendar year based on the validity of your Silver status, On the date which current Silver validity commences, eligible flights are evaluated for the following 12 month period to ascertain if the 10,000 Qualifying Miles threshold is achieved. The same process is done during the entire 24 month period of Silver status validity in which 15,000 Qualifying Miles must be earned.
Exclusively on THAI
- Priority Baggage Handling
- Additional Baggage Allowance – 10 kgs. (except when the piece concept applies and may not be available at all THAI destinations)
Star Alliance airlines
- Priority reservations waitlisting and airport standby
Gold: Status & Benefits
Attaining Gold Status:
This top tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles, the miles earned with THAI and Star Alliance airlines, during 2 rolling month periods, 50,000 Qualifying miles during a 12 month period, or 80,000 miles during a 24 month period. Additionally, completing 40 international sectors on THAI in any 12 rolling month period also attains Gold status.* This is a system automated process whereby on the most recent activity all eligible flights are evaluated for the past 12 and 24 month periods. With each new flight activity, status is again evaluated during the past 12 and 24 months, ensuring that all eligible flights are counted for attaining Gold status.
*Excluding travel in G/V/W classes for both attaining and retaining Gold status.
Retaining Gold Status:
Evaluations for retaining Gold status are on a personal calendar year based on the validity of your Gold status, On the date which current Gold validity commences, eligible flights are evaluated for the following 12 month period to ascertain if the 50,000 Qualifying Miles threshold or 40 international sectors on THAI are achieved. The same process is done for the next successive 12 month period, until the end of current card validity, for 40 international sectors on THAI, or during the entire 24 month period in which 80,000 Qualifying Miles must be earned.
Exclusively on THAI
|5,000 bonus miles||On attaining and retaining Gold status.|
|Complimentary Upgrades||One roundtrip upgrade on attaining Gold status. One additional roundtrip upgrade if 50,000 Qualifying Miles, or 40 international sectors flown on THAI, within 12 months after attaining Gold status.|
|Guaranteed Seating in Economy Class||For reservations made 72 hours prior to departure and on valid booking classes.|
|Complimentary access to lounges||Access to THAI Royal Silk Class lounges world-wide.|
Star Alliance airlines
- Priority reservations waitlisting and airport standby.
- Priority check-in at counters displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol.
- Priority boarding.
- Priority baggage handling.
- An extra allowance of 20 kilograms, or 1 additional piece of luggage when the piece concept applies. The latter primarily on flights to/from North or South America.
- Complimentary access to airport lounges displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol on presentation of same-day departing Star Alliance paid ticket and Gold card. One guest is also allowed provided they are also traveling on a paid ticket for same day departure with a Star Alliance Airline.
Royal Orchid Plus Platinum status, the new elite tier created for THAI’s most valued customers.
Platinum status is for very frequent flying members who travel with THAI exclusively in Royal First Class and Royal Silk Class. Platinum status members enjoy enhanced recognition and benefits when flying THAI, which includes:
- Unlimited complimentary upgrades, that can also be transferred to Award Nominees, on achieving specified mileage thresholds
- Top priority services before and after flights with THAI
- Dedicated check-in at Suvarnabhumi Airport and check-in at Royal First Class counters abroad
- Additional baggage allowance
- Access to Royal First Class Lounges with one guest
- No expiring miles during Platinum status tenure
Qualifying for Platinum Status
While elite level Royal Orchid Plus Platinum status is by invitation, their thresholds have been established whereby current Platinum members are evaluated to maintain elite level status, and all members are evaluated to qualify for Platinum status.
To attain or retain Platinum status, 80,000 miles are required that include class of service bonus miles, with travel on THAI in Royal First Class or Royal Silk Class, within each evaluation period, for 2 consecutive periods. Evaluations are system automated with each period being 12 consecutive months on a rolling basis.
* For more infornation about Royal Orchid Plus programme, Please contact THAI contact Centre
Tel : 66(0) 2356 1111